By Chef: Hallie and Reya
Posted: May 17, 2017
What’s the secret to the creamy, fudgy texture of these protein balls? Raw coconut butter! Packed with protein from your favorite chocolate protein powder, and antioxidants from a boost of matcha green tea powder, these little tasty morsels are perfect as a mid afternoon energy boost. Make enough to have on hand for those days when you’re running out the door or need something to boost your energy levels before a workout. Feed yourself good food and you will feel great in return!
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (we used VEGA)
- 3 Tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 ½ Tbsp. matcha powder
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- Dash pink salt
- 2 Tbsp. raw cacao nibs
- Process all ingredients except the cacao nibs in your food processor until fully combined.
- Add cacao nibs and pulse a few times to incorporate.
- Using a small cookie scoop, form balls and place on a pan or plate in your fridge for ~30 minutes.
- Once firm, store the protein balls in a container at room temperature.