By Chef: Selene Vakharia
Posted: March 22, 2013
Our chef Selene Vakharia really knows fresh. Enjoy the bounty of farmers markets and make yourself this easy and crisp kale salad bursting with flavor and healthy fats from the avocado and flax oil.
- 3 leaves kales, chopped finely
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and julienned or grated
- 1/4 cup parsley, packed and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, derooted and minced
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 TBSP ground flax
- pinch salt
- chili pepper flakes to taste
- Combine all ingredients and mash avocado with other ingredients to coat them. Add pumpkin seeds, almonds, and/or walnuts for some extra protein.