By Chef: Heidi Turunen
Posted: July 22, 2015
You might be familiar with honey mustard salad dressing. It is, after all, a classic. This version is entirely vegan, using maple syrup instead of honey. And it is just beautiful! This dressing pairs well with any salad greens, but can be drizzled over pretty much anything savory with amazing results. If you are a bit over eating plain veggies, sprinkle on some of this maple mustard dressing and revitalize your love for green salads.
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- black pepper to taste (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a glass jar with a lid. Make sure the lid is tight! Vigorously shake the jar till the dressing is emulsified. Taste test and adjust if needed.
- Store the dressing in that same jar in the fridge.