By Chef: Akshata Sheelvant
Posted: June 24, 2013
Nothing says summertime quite like the sugary sweetness of fresh, ripe mango! This recipe by Aksheeta Sheelvant of Jeeva Lifestyle combines juicy mango with a few other wholesale raw, vegan ingredients to create creamy saffron popsicles perfect for a mid afternoon snack while enjoying the sunshine! You may choose to use raw cane sugar for additional sweetness, or simply relay on the natural sugar found in mango. Enjoy!
Yield: 2-3 popsicles
- 1 perfectly riped large sized cubed Mango
- 1 1/2 cups Almond-Cashew Milk
- 3-4 tsp Turbinado Sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp Rose Water (optional)
- 1 tsp Saffron strands
- 1 tsp Cardamom pwd
1) In a high speed blender, blend all the ingredients until well incorporated.
2) Pour this into a glass container and freeze for 3-4 hours.
3) Blend this again in the blender until everything incorporates.
4) Pour into popsicle molds and freeze covered tightly with a tin foil for 6-8 hours. Enjoy!!