By Chef: Lucie Javorska
Posted: October 12, 2016
This refreshing mango, grape and romaine lettuce smoothie is destined to become one of your favorite pre-workout snacks! Light on the tummy, yet ultra energizing. Enjoy!
- 1 large mango, peeled and pitted (300 g flesh)
- 1 pound = 3 cups (450 g) seedless grapes
- 2 cups (100 g) romaine lettuce (or your favorite non-bitter greens)
- 1 cup (240 ml) water optional: lemon juice or a healthy sweetener to taste optional toppings: I like chia seeds or ground flax for some extra omega-3s
- Put the mango flesh, grapes, romaine and water into a blender and blend until super smooth. Taste-test and add a healthy sweetener or lemon juice to taste if needed (it’s typically sweet enough for me).
- Pour into glasses, add toppings if using and enjoy! You can also store it in an airtight jar in the fridge for a day or so.
Freeze the mango chunks or the grapes beforehand for a thicker smoothie. You can also add ice in place of some of the water. Want extra nutrition? Use coconut water instead of regular. You can also throw in a pinch of maca powder or a bit of your favorite protein powder.