By Chef: Julie Van den Kerchove
Posted: October 9, 2017
Who’s in the mood for a sweet, creamy, tropical breakfast treat? This Mango Coconut Chia Pudding is a perfect healthy breakfast recipe. It’s high in protein, fiber and healthy fats so it will keep you satisfied until lunchtime and it also helps to beat sugar cravings. All you need is 4 ingredients + you can easily prepare several servings at once so you have enough for an entire workweek.
- 2 cups (400 ml) coconut milk (full-fat or lite)
- 2 large cups mango, fresh or frozen (1 large ripe mango)
- 1 tablespoon lime (or lemon) juice + zest to taste
- 2 pinches of sea salt + black pepper (optional)
- ½ — 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
- Coconut flakes
- Put the coconut milk in the blender together with the mango, lime juice and zest, sea salt, black pepper and turmeric powder. Blend until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chia seeds and mango coconut milk. Stir well with a spoon. Allow the pudding to sit for a few minutes and then stir again (this helps to prevent clumping).
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours or preferably overnight. The longer you leave the pudding in the fridge, the creamier it will become.
- Stir well before serving and top with fresh fruit, coconut flakes and a few spoonfuls of granola (or mixed nuts and seeds).
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS: • This chia pudding will stay fresh for at least 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. • You can replace the coconut milk with almond milk, rice milk or any other non-dairy milk. By adding a spoonful of nut butter, the chia seed pudding will get even creamier and more flavorful.