By Chef: Amanda Maguire
Posted: June 6, 2012
Tis the season to bust out that food processor and start whipping up some amazing salsa creations! Salsa is such a versatile recipe because it goes with so many different foods and makes most meals 10 x better! It always adds that fresh, vibrant pop of flavor and can be made sweet, savory, tangy, mild, or knock-your-socks-off spicy! This particular recipe by Amanda Maquire combines the traditional salsa ingredients of tomato, lime, salt, pepper and cilantro with diced avocado and sweet seasonal mango. It is mild and refreshing. Serve this salsa with homemade flax crackers or corn chips, or fill up tender baby romaine leaves and make your own easy raw tacos!
Yield: 2 cups
- 1 C. Diced Mango
- 1 Medium Avocado, peeled, pitted & diced
- 1/3 C. Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 C. Organic Grape Tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbs. Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice (approximately 1 lime)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
1) In a medium bowl, combine the mango, avocado, cilantro, tomatoes, and lime juice.
2) Toss to combine.
3) Season with salt and pepper.
If you want to add some heat, a little finely diced jalapeno pepper would be a nice addition.
This recipe could very easily be used to make a mango avocado guacamole instead of a salsa. Simply pulse the mango and avocado in a food processor before mixing in the other ingredients.