By Chef: Chelsea Rochili
Posted: March 31, 2015
For this I used Spirulina powder, which gives it that vivid blue-green colour and of course, TONS of nutrients. For your information, spirulina is actually a blue green algae that is then processed into a single cell protein (very easily absorbed by the body, complete protein/has all the amino acids) If you look at the picture, you might be wondering,”How can this girl eat so much ice cream for breakfast?” The answer is, the ice cream is made from bananas. It’s banana ice cream! This one has about 3-4 bananas inside. And it’s delicious.
- 3-4 frozen bananas (you can make more or less, it’s up to you!) a bit of water to help it blend
- about 1/2 — 1 tsp spirulina
- 1 — 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- toppings of your choice
- Process everything in a high speed blender or food processor (do not attempt this using a regular blender), adding a bit of water to help it blend, but don’t add too much or it will turn into a smoothie! Watch your bananas magically transform into a super creamy, soft serve ice cream deliciousness!
- Scoop into a bowl, top with any toppings that you like, dive in!