By Chef: Chris Anca
Posted: May 18, 2017
Say hello to your new favorite go-to mid-afternoon treat! These protein balls are gooey, chocolaty and super filling, yet are very low in sugar. They can be enjoyed as a snack no matter what you feel like having, sweet or savory, and at any time of the day, without feeling like you’re having dessert. They keep very well in the fridge for 2-3 weeks and they’re so so handy to just have there, hidden at the back of the fridge, in an airtight container. They will come to your rescue when snack o’clock strikes, helping you make good, wise snacking choices.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup linseed meal
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 4 TBSP cacao powder
- 10 TBSP protein powder (I used sprouted brown rice, but pea protein is also very nice)
- 1 cup puffed quinoa
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 TBSP melted coconut oil
- extra: cacao powder and matcha green tea, for coating
- Add almonds, linseed, coconut, chia seeds, cinnamon, cacao powder, protein powder and quinoa to a food processor. Blitz until you get all the ingredients finely ground.
- Add the goji berries, the pitted dates and coconut oil and blitz some more until you get a crumbly, sticky mix. Stop and scrape the sides as needed. If needed to make the mix sticky, add a touch of water. Taste test and adjust sweetness if you need. I prefer them not very sweet, but you can adjust that to your liking.
- Scoop the mix in a bowl and begin to roll the bliss balls.
- Coat them in cacao powder or matcha powder, or both, and place them in the fridge. Enjoy!