By Chef: Raw Loulou
Posted: May 31, 2012
Delicately sweet, juicy papaya, creamy cubes of avocado and crisp apples combine together with a very simple orange juice and curry marinade. This unique fruit salad can be enjoyed as an appetizer or as a side dish with your meal. With this recipe your body will enjoy plenty of vitamin C and A from the papaya, nourishing and grounding efa’s, protein, and vitamin E from the avocado, and fiber rich pectin from the apple. The curry spice adds a nice warming tone to the flavor and works so nicely with the sweetness of the fruits.
- 1 ripe avocado chopped
- 2 oranges — juiced
- 2 apples peeled and chopped
- 1/2 papaya peeled and de-seeded and chopped
- 1 t curry powder (this quantity can be adjusted to your preference)
1. Firstly, juice the oranges and place the juice into a large bowl. Add the curry powder to this and mix up well.
2. As you chop the fruit, add to the curried juice marinade and make sure all the fruit has been well covered. The acid in the orange juice will preserve the apple and avocado to prevent them turning brown.
3. Cut avocado in half…… with a knife (not a sharp one mind) slice into cubes while still in the skin in the palm of your hand …….
4. With the knife back edge, move it alongside the edges of the avocado skin, dislodging the cut pieces as you go along and the simply turn out into the bowl. :0)
5. Leave the fruit in the marinade for about 10 — 15 minutes…. I wouldn’t leave it much longer than that as the acid of the orange juice would in fact ‘cook’ the avocado and it would become mushy and not look so pretty.