By Chef: Diana Stobo
Posted: January 19, 2011
Yummy kale pesto with plenty of lemon for a nice zesty flavor. Pecans, nutritional yeast and olive oil make this a rich lively sauce for raw pasta or as a delicious spread on flax crackers.
Yield: about 2 cups
- * 1 bunch lacinato (dinosaur)kale
- * 1/4 cup nutritional Yeast
- * 3/4 cup pecans
- * ½ teaspoon sea salt
- * zest of 1/2 lemon
- * 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- * 1 clove garlic, grated
- * ¼ cup cold pressed olive oil
1) Remove stems from kale.
2) In a food processor fitted with an s-blade, add the Kale, nutritional yeast, pecans, salt, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and garlic. Process until coarsely chopped.
3) Slowly add olive oil and pulse to incorporate. Taste for salt and add more oil if it is too dry. This should not be an oily pesto, only add enough oil so it is moist.
4) Toss with a zucchini Pasta, use as a raw pizza base or as a delicious dip.