By Chef: Carla Aguas
Posted: January 5, 2011
These summer cookies have a delicate tangy and sweet flavor and melt in your mouth. Put them in the freezer for a cool refreshing treat during the summer. Eat them while sipping fresh watermelon juice or a sweet ice tea!
- 2 c Cashews
- 1/4 c Agave Nectar
- 3 tbls Lemon Juice
- 2 1/2 tbls Lemon Zest, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Vanilla Powder
- 1/4 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
1. Grind the cashews in a food processor until a powdery meal forms.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and continue processing on low until the dough forms a large ball.
3. Measure out 1 1/2 tbls size cookies out and roll and flatten into cookies shapes. These can be as thick as you want, 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
4. Place in a plastic bag in the freezer. These will keep for up to 3 months.