By Chef: Erin Bosdet
Posted: January 15, 2015
Naturally sweet and chewy raisins pair up with shredded coconut, omega-rich chia, tangy lemon, and spicy ginger to create a truly winning combo. These taste like spicy lemon drop cookies, only they’re actually healthy!
- 2c of unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1.5c of soaked raisins
- 1/2c coconut oil
- 1/4c of chia seeds
- 1tbsp (or less) of freshly grated ginger
- zest and juice of one lemon
- Soak your raisins for an hour or two. Drain them well.
- Toss the raisins and coconut into your food processor and process for a minute.
- Add in the the remainder of the ingredients and process until well combined.
- Toss the mixture into a bowl and place in the fridge for about thirty minutes.
- Remove the mixture and roll into one inch balls. You can roll them in some extra coconut, but that’s optional. Store them in the fridge and enjoy!