By Chef: Clemence Moulaert
Posted: April 15, 2015
Raspberry + maca is a pretty great combination – it tastes fruity and fresh, especially if you use frozen raspberries, and the nut butter makes it so creamy, though you can omit if you’re allergic to nuts or simply prefer a thinner smoothie. This smoothie is quick and easy to make, and gives you a welcome boost of energy at any time of day.
- 1/2 cup (or a handful of) frozen raspberries
- 250ml (1 cup) almond milk
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp peanut or almond butter
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts (optional)
- Blend all till smooth.
- If you like a thinner smoothie, add more almond milk.
If you’re unsure about maca, try 1 tsp to start with, but if you already love this flavour feel free to up the dose to 2 tsp.