By Chef: Brandi Rollins
Posted: February 13, 2013
Kiwis are in season and in abundance! This bright green juicy fruits are ultra high in vitamin C with 1 fruit packing 120% of the recommended daily allowance. However since this natural form of vitamin C is completely water soluble there is no need to worry about overdosing. Dig into a delicious bowl of creamy kiwi-cashew sorbet by Brandi Rollins of Raw Foods on a Budget!
- 6 medium kiwis
- 1/4 cup cashews, soaked in advance
- 1/4 cup raisins, soaked in advance
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp stevia power (green)
1. Take two of the kiwi and blend them with the remaining ingredients until smooth. Depending on the strength of your blender or small food processor, this can take a few seconds to a minute.
2. After blending, add the remaining kiwi and blend until smooth. But be sure not to over-blend. You don’t want to blend the soft seeds of the kiwi you just added.
3. Add the blended mixture to an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. When the sorbet is done, put it in the freezer 4+ hours.
Before serving allow the sorbet to soften for 10 to 15 minutes before eating.-Brandi