By Chef: Kelly Fielding
Posted: December 15, 2016
Smoothie bowls are such a great way to enjoy everything you love about a smoothie, with a little extra fun and nourishment. If you find your morning smoothie doesn’t sustain you for too long, try topping it with some extra nuts, seeds, dried fruit, fresh fruit, oats or buckinis (sprouted and dried buckwheat groats). You can also try adding a teaspoon of plant-based protein for a little extra substance.
- 1 banana (preferably frozen)
- ½ a ripe avocado
- 2 leaves of kale, stems removed
- ¼ teaspoon of orange zest
- 1 teaspoon of matcha powder
- ½ teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1 kiwi fruit (skin removed)
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- ½ cup of your favourite plant-based milk- coconut or almond work great.
- 1 teaspoon of buck inis (or your favourite granola)
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of coconut shreds
- 1 teaspoon of dried rose petals (optional)
- A few slices of blood orange for garnish.
- Chop up your banana, avocado and kale and place them in the blender with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into your bowl and add toppings!