By Chef: Christina Ross
Posted: December 15, 2014
No time? No problem. One of the beautiful things about raw food cuisine is that meal prep can be super quick and easy. This kelp noodle pesto pasta dish requires only a quick rinse of the noodles and a short blitz in the blender of a handful of ingredients which come together to form a zesty brazil nut butter-based pesto sauce. RFR tip: make extra and let the pesto marinate on the noodles in the fridge overnight. The next day it will be even more delicious!
- 1 pouch kelp noodles
- 4 oz fresh basil
- 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp brazil nut butter
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Tomato, pine nuts & red pepper flakes for garnish (optional)
- Add garlic, water, lemon juice to bottom of blender. Pile in basil, salt, Brazil nut butter and nutritional yeast and blend until creamy with basil flecks still visible
- Pour over rinsed kelp noodles and mix
- Serve garnished with tomato, pine nuts and red pepper flakes.