By Chef: Christina Ross
Posted: June 10, 2013
There are 3 great things about kale! It is highly nutritious, there are endless ways to enjoy it, and the more you eat it the more you’ll crave it!! From salads to chips, marinated or eaten fresh out of the garden – kale is highly versatile. This hearty salad is made with metabolism boosting coconut oil, onions, and fresh veggies and is left to crisp up in the dehdrator.
- 1 head kale
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 purple onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt free salad seasoning (or any seasoning you’d like)
1. Tear kale leaves from stems and place in large salad bowl.
2. Slice pepper, onion and carrot and add to bowl.
3. Add coconut oil and seasoning to bowl and massage lighlty.
4. Spread kale out ondehydrator sheet and dry until kale is fully crispy. Aprox 8 hours.
If you do not have a dehydrator you can set your oven to 350 and bake for 10 minutes.