By Chef: Shernell Cooke
Posted: June 18, 2013
This is truly a Vitamin C packed power salad! Vitamin C actually helps strengthen the collagen and elastin in our skin – the proteins that help give skin that youthful, smooth, elastic nature. The sweetness of maple syrup along with the acidity of the citrus fruits help to balance out any bitter flavor from the kale. A great salad to enjoy throughout the year! Learn more about the benefits of grapefruit here.
- 1 bunch of kale washed and De-stemmed
- 2 pink grapefruits juiced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/3 cup grape-seed oil or your favorite
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
1) Place your kale in a large bowl.
2) Mix the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl until well incorporated.
3) Pour your dressing over the kale and serve.