By Chef: Ani Phyo
Posted: May 4, 2011
A delicious raw, vegan version of a traditional Mexican rice. The flavors and textures are the same, make sure to add other stable Mexican foods.
- 4 cups jicama, peel, dices
- 1/2 cup onion, yellow, chop
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chop
- 1 cup red bell pepper, dice
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, chop, to taste (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive or hemp oil, optional
1) Place jicama in food processor, process into small bits. Be careful not to over process. Scoop into mixing bowl.
2) Add remaining ingredients, toss to mix well.