By Chef: Jenny Mustard
Posted: December 10, 2015
Tahini is by far one of the most versatile ingredients you can keep in your kitchen, and it’s so incredibly easy to make! Learn here how to make it with fresh sesame seeds, then keep scrolling for a delicious tahini salad dressing as well!
- 500 g / 17 oz sesame seeds ( or however much you want to use )
- a generous pinch of salt
Tahini Salad Dressing
- 2 tbsp tahini ( see recipe above ), or use Dastony raw sesame tahini
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp coriander / cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger
- a nice dash of white pepper
- chili flakes on top
- a minced garlic clove or two is perfect in this dressing too
- Mix the oats in a blender or food processor until the consistency of flour.
- Add the cacao, spices, and a little bit of the water and blend until completely smooth. add the rest of the water and blend again.
- Add the banana slices, break apart if they have formed larger chunks. mix and serve with a dash of cinnamon.