By Chef: Iselin Støylen
Posted: August 26, 2014
Make your very own perfectly textured raw dark chocolate with this sumptuous recipe by Iselin Stoylen of Vegetarian Taste. The superfood toppings are completely up to you! Try a combination of shredded coconut, goji berries, nuts and seeds (try hemp or chia!), dried fruits (try Incan and mulberries!), citrus zest or even edible flowers.
- 1/2 cup melted cacao butter **
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil* **
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder (or more if you want to)
- 2 tbsp raw agave
- pinch of vanilla powder*
- pinch of salt*
- shredded coconut, goji berries, nuts and seeds, dried fruits, edible flowers etc.
* Optional, but I highly recommend adding them.
** Melt these ingredients at low very heat (under 42 degrees celcius) if you want the chocolate to be raw.
1. Mix together the melted cacao butter, cacao powder, coconut oil, agave (or any other sweetener of choice), vanilla powder and salt. Stir well.
2. Pour the mixture in a lined tin and set in the refrigerator. When the chocolate is starting to harden add the garnish and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
The chocolate is best stored in the refrigerator.