By Chef: Bethanne Wanamaker
Posted: November 17, 2010
No matter what time of year, everyone is indulging in chocolates. Making raw chocolates instead of the processed, cooked (all chocolate is cooked unless it says ‘raw’), refined & sugar-laden chocolates, can allow you to feel guilt-free while still sharing your sweetness with loved ones.
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cup melted raw cacao butter
- 1/2 cup clear agave
- 1-2 tbsp raw almond butter (make your own!)
- pinch Celtic salt (or mix of highly mineralized salts)
- Optional Ingredients, yet use them if you have them!
- pinch of white stevia extract powder
- pinch vitamin E tocotrienols
- pinch blue green algae
1. Blend in a Vita-Mix ideally (it may warm gently which is fine – you want it to be a thinner consistency for easy pouring) or in a food processor (smaller bowl inside the bigger bowl unless you double or triple the recipe). I’ve found the VM to work best.
2. Pour into ice cube trays or cute molds and chill until frozen.
Keep this recipe simple the first few times you make it and experiment with different versions after you’ve gotten a solid recipe that you can default to in the future.