By Chef: Callie England
Posted: October 1, 2010
An addictive herbed flax cracker that will blow your taste buds away!
- 1 C flax seeds
- 1 C sunflower seeds
- 1 C sesame seeds (.5 white, .5 black)
- 2 T chia seeds
- 4 C water
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 candy onion (smaller in size, white in color)
- 3 C fresh basil
- 1 C fresh oregano
- 2 t dried rosemary (I was without fresh, so this is why I used dried)
- 1 t sea salt
- 1 t pepper
- Mix flax seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds and water in a large bowl.
- Let sit overnight, or, a few hours until gelled. In a food processor, process remaining ingredients.
- Fold herb puree into gelled seed mixture and mix well.
- Scoop mixture onto a non-stick dehydrator sheet (makes about 2-3 trays) and spread out evenly.
- Dehydrate overnight at 105 degrees (flip onto mesh sheet about 4-5 hours into dehydrating).
To cut back on snipping time, invest in a pair of herb scissors that have an herb stripper – It makes stripping herbs, such as oregano, super quick and easy!
If you want uniform cracker shapes, use a pizza cutter or a pair of shears to cut squares about 4 hours into the dehydrating time.