By Chef: Sarma Melngailis
Posted: February 24, 2011
A unique twist on classic gauc. Enjoy the bold flavors and crunch from the spicy jicama.
- 6 ripe avocados
- 2 large handfuls cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 large handful parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 2 teaspoons plus one pinch sea salt
- 2 cups julienned jicama
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 heads of romaine hearts
- Additional parsley or cilantro, for garnish
In a large bowl, mash the avocados well with a fork.
Add the cilantro, parsley, 1/4 cup of the lime juice, jalapeño, and 2 teaspoons of salt, and stir well to
In a separate bowl, toss the jicama with the remaining tablespoon of lime juice, the cayenne and a
pinch of salt.
Separate the romaine leaves. Fill each leaf with a few spoonfuls of the avocado and arrange on a serving platter. Top with the jicama and additional parsley or cilantro leaves.
Recipe and Photo Credit by Living Raw Food: Get the Glow with More Recipes from Pure Food and Wine