By Chef: Lauren Glucina
Posted: December 19, 2017
Hemp & macadamia nuts combine to make the most beautifully creamy plant milk, rich in beneficial omega-3 essential fatty acids. Simple and no fuss, with no need to soak the nuts prior, just blend, strain and serve.
- 1/2 cup hulled hemp seeds/hearts
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 4 cups water
- 1 Medjool date pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large pinches coarse sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a high power blender and whizz for 2 minutes or till smooth.
- Strain through a nut milk bag, discarding the pulp.
- Store in a glass jug in the fridge for up to five days.
NOTE: Desiccated coconut is an alternative for either of the hemp or macadamia nuts.