By Chef: Lauren Glucina
Posted: March 27, 2017
This Raw Cashew Goji Brittle is a healthy and plant-based version of the classic – made without butter, sugar or corn syrup, using whole food ingredients and goji for an antioxidant hit.
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons raw cashew butter
- ⅓ cup whole raw cashews
- ½ cup coconut flakes/chips
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Handful of goji berries
- OPTIONAL: ½ teaspoon organic soy or sunflower lecithin (to emulsify)
- Soften the cashew butter by standing the jar in a bath of hot water. Melt the coconut oil.
- Blend cashew butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice and sea salt till creamy. You may like to add organic soy or sunflower lecithin at the end, to help emulsify and keep the liquids separating from the fats.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl, fold through the coconut flakes and whole cashews.
- Spread over a tray lined with baking paper, sprinkle goji over the top and freeze to set.
- Break into shards to serve.