By Chef: Shannon Leparski
Posted: March 26, 2015
Taking a trip somewhere warm and sunny this spring break? If a swim suit is in your near future do not distress, there are tangible things that you can start doing NOW to help beat the bloat and get that tummy in tip top bikini-ready shape whether it’s for spring break or summer ahead. For starters make this fiber, enzyme, chlorophyll, mineral, and water-rich green detox smoothie a part of your daily routine!
Here are a few more great tips for a bloat-free and happy tummy:
filtered water with lemon
fully raw meals
- 1.5 cups kale, de-stemmed (or spinach, chard etc.)
- 1/2 english cucumber, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small lemon, peel removed
- 1 ripe banana, frozen
- 1 cup pineapple (frozen)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2-1 teaspoon spirulina powder (depending on preference)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup cold, filtered water
- handful of ice (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.
Optional: Sometimes I add a small knob of fresh ginger for a digestive aid and extra zing!