By Chef: Julie Van den Kerchove
Posted: August 18, 2016
Looking to make a healthy change in your diet? Adding a green smoothie to your daily routine is an easy way to pack in extra vitamins, minerals, and fiber, and you can go as green or as fruity as you like! This Green Açai Protein Shake is loaded with goodness: antioxidants, omega fatty acids, and plant based protein galore!
- 1 cup water or chilled green tea (or unsweetened plant-based milk)
- 2 large ripe bananas, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons vegan vanilla protein powder (or extra chia/hemp seeds)
- ½ pack of frozen açai juice (or ½ to 1 teaspoon açai powder)
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon hemp seeds
- 2 large handfuls of leafy greens (I used spinach & radish greens)
- Add water, banana, protein powder, frozen açai, chia seeds and hemp seeds to your blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the leafy greens and blend again.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS: This Green Açai Protein Shake tastes best fresh, for you can prepare it at night and take it with you on the go the next morning too. Don’t have açai at home? You can make this smoothie without it too. It will still turn out creamy and delicious!