By Chef: Stephanie Moram
Posted: September 11, 2013
Jump on the cashew cream wagon! Nothing can compare to the flavor and texture achieved by blending truly raw cashews (soaked first to soften) with a touch of sweetener and a dash or two of real vanilla bean. This recipe by Stephanie Moram of Good Girl Gone Green makes the perfect dip for fresh fruit – you’ll feel like you’re eating dessert!
Yield: 2 cups
- 2 cups of cashews; soaked for 4 hours
- 1/2 cup or more of water
- 2-4 Tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of vanilla powder
1) Place all the ingredients in a high powered blender. Blend until creamy.
1) Any liquid sweetener such as honey, coconut syrup or agave will work. It may yield a slightly different flavor.
2) More water can be added, to make a less thick cashew cream.
3) Soaking your nuts prior makes it easy for blending and better for your digestion, but it is optional.
4) Use the cashew cream as a dip or pour it over your favorite fruits and nuts.