By Chef: Shannon Leparski
Posted: June 20, 2016
Pamper yourself a little today with this refreshing, cleansing, and glow-inducing golden fruit smoothie elixir enhanced with fresh ginger and turmeric. And don’t worry, there’s plenty of ice involved to help you beat the summer solstice heat.
- 2 apples, any variation ( I used fuji)
- 4 small or 2 large oranges, peel removed
- 1 lemon, peel or no peel, depending on your preference (I left the peel on but chopped off the ends)
- 2-3 inch knob of fresh ginger, peeled (adjust according to your spiciness liking)
- 2 inch knob of fresh turmeric, peeled
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 handful of ice (optional)
- In a high speed blender, blend all ingredients until smooth, adding extra water if needed.
- A high powered decent blender will turn this into a smooth juice. If you would rather juice the ingredients to make it even smoother, go right ahead! I like to keep all the fiber and nutrients in but juicing the ingredients is just as good. Enjoy!
If you can’t find fresh turmeric and need to use the powdered turmeric, use about 1/2-1 tablespoon and adjust to your liking.