By Chef: Sarah Britton
Posted: July 19, 2013
Don’t rely solely on external sunscreen to protect your skin from UV rays. Get plenty of antioxidants from superfoods such as goji berries and you’ll be protecting your skin from the inside out! Healthy skin will never lie within a jar or tube. A radiant complexion begins with optimal nutrition! Consume this mega antioxidant loaded beverage by Sarah Britton of My New Roots throughout the summer months to protect your skin and get your glow on!
- 2 Tbsp. goji berries
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 tsp. ginger root, freshly grated
- ½ lemon, juiced
- raw honey to taste (optional)
Other Super-Antioxidant add-ins:
- açaí berry powder
- vanilla bean
- raw cacao powder
- fresh peppermint
- golden raisins
- raw cranberries
1. Soak goji berries in water for at least one hour to soften.
2. Pour goji berries and soak water into a blender with remaining ingredients, blend on high until completely mixed.
3. Pour into a glass with plenty of ice and lemon slices.