By Chef: Gena Hemshaw
Posted: August 30, 201
Searching high and low for the perfect homemade gazpacho soup recipe? Look no further! For a sweeter gazpacho you can use cherry tomatoes as the base. Somehow this soup just hits the spot every time with its tangy, savory deliciousness!
- 2 large tomatoes, or 1 ½ cups of cherry or other small tomato variety; I used small, round heirloom tomatoes (yum!)
- ½ large cucumber
- 1/3 cup basil, packed
- ¼ tsp salt
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 large avocado (or a couple of slices)
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
1) Begin by blending all ingredients in a food processor or a high speed blender on high. Next drizzle olive oil in. Adjust water content to make soup as watery or creamy as you like.
2) Garnish with additional veggies: avocado chunks, zucchini, cucumber, tomtatoes, basil, etc.