By Chef: Priscilla Soler
Posted: May 31, 2016
Summer is here! This super simple recipe is great for those hot days when you want something fresh and light but at the same time filling and delicious. Enjoy!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 2-3 Tbsp water or almond milk
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond, soy or any other nut milk
- Vanilla to taste
- shredded coconut, goji berries, fresh fruit, dried mulberries, almonds, chopped cashews..
- Prepare chia pudding by mixing chia seeds, milk and vanilla. Mix well to avoid lumps until chia seeds absorb the liquid and it looks like pudding consistency, about 15 minutes.
- Blend bananas and strawberries on food processor or vitamix, you might need to add the water or milk to keep it going, until creamy and soft-serve consistency.
- Transfer ice cream to a bowl and add chia pudding. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy right away!