By Chef: Paige Brummett
Posted: November 1, 2010
This recipe creates the perfect vegetarian alternative to cooked cheese spreads. Try this on your favorite flax cracker!
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 cup soaked macadamia nuts
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 cup rejuvelac
- 1/2 tsp probiotic powder
- 2-3 pressed garlic cloves
- ¼ cup minced chives
- Pinch of Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- Blend all ingredients (except chives) in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy, and then add the minced chives.
- Put cheesecloth in a colander and pour cheese mixture on the cheesecloth. Wrap cheese and put a small plate on top. On top of the plate, put a glass, jar, or something of that weight.
- Put in a dry place and wait a day or two for cheese to culture (check and taste daily).
- Enjoy as a spread for crackers, sandwiches, or veggie dip.