By Chef: Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram
Posted: April 7, 2015
These desserts are PERFECT to make for any occasion and perfect to share with family, friends, kids, and more! The cupcakes are also perfectly portioned for those who want to keep true to a low fat raw vegan lifestyle; a few cupcakes meet your requirements for a low-fat day so that you can have your cupcakes and eat them too!
- Approximately 2 Cups Soaked Cashews
- 1 Cups Pitted Dates
- Small Stem or Scrape of Fresh Vanilla
- Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice from 2-4 Oranges
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until the mixture reaches the consistency that you want. I like mine gooey, so I let the machine run for longer.
- Most will want more of a “bread” type consistency, so don’t let it go for too long as to get the proper texture.
- Press this mixture into the cupcake liners and refrigerate.
Directions for Carrot Base:
- Blend in a Vitamix or powerful blender. This is VERY thick and creamy and may take a while to get perfect! Spread this frosting onto your cupcakes with a spatula. You can also use a piping bag as shown in the video to apply the frosting on top. If you don’t have a piping bag, you can always cut off the tip of a ziploc bag and apply your beautiful design from there!