By Chef: Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram
Posted: October 31, 2012
Who says pumpkin pie can’t be healthy, vegan, raw, AND low fat? This is an all-treat-no-trick recipe by Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram for one of America’s most beloved traditional Holiday desserts! This recipe involves only two steps, a handful of fresh ingredients, a Vitamix, a food processor, a pie dish and plenty of love!
Ingredients for the Crust:
- 1-1.5 Cups of Pecans
- 1 Lb of Fresh, Wet Dates
Ingredients for the Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 1 Pie Pumpkin
- 2 Lbs Dates
- 1 SUPER Ripe Persimmon
- 1 Large Tsp. of Cinnamon
- 1 Tiny Pinky Finger of Ginger
- Optional: Scrape from a Vanilla Bean
Directions for the Crust:
1) Process both ingredients in a food processor until they reach a crust-like consistency.
2) Press the crust into your pie pan.
Directions for the Filling:
1) Pit your dates, and place them in the vitamix with your chopped and peeled pumpkin.
2) Add all of the rest of the ingredients.
3) Pour the filling into the crust and spread it in evenly.
4) Freese the pie until it firms up.
Enjoy immensely and share with family and friends!