By Chef: Emily von Euw
Posted: November 8, 2016
These bars are sweet, chocolatey, fudgey, chewy, rich and perfect for any time. Chocolate and peanut butter is a combo that will just NEVER get old.
Yield: 4 slices
- 1/4 cup cacao butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 cup dates
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon ashwaganda powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon reishi mushroom powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, or more as needed
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanut butter or your fave raw nut/seed butter
- Melt the cacao butter and coconut oil on low in a small, heavy pot. Blend this together with the rest of the ingredients (except the peanut butter), adding coconut milk as needed to get a very thick, creamy mixture.
- Spread half of this evenly into a small lined baking pan. Spread on the peanut butter. Finally spread on the remaining fudge.
- Sprinkle with more salt if you like. Leave in the fridge overnight, slice and enjoy!