By Chef: Iselin Støylen
Posted: February 26, 2015
You may not believe how simple it is to make this layered raspberry vanilla cream cake; there are only 6, yes, 6 plant-based raw vegan ingredients. Gluten-free, refined sweetener-free, dairy-free, and healthy for your beautiful body, you can’t beat that!
Crust and mid-layer
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 20 dates (pitted)
- 3 cups cashews (soaked for at least 30 minutes, no more than 4 hours)
- sweetener of your choice to taste (raw agave, coconut sugar, honey (if you’re not vegan)..)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- Start with adding the coconut and dates to a food processor. Process for a minute or so. The crust is ready when everything sticks together. Press about 2/3 of the coconut-date mixture into a lined tin and set aside.
- To make the vanilla cream, blend together cashews, sweetener, vanilla and as much water as needed until you get a thick and smooth batter. Spread about half of this mixture over the crust and place in the freezer for at least two hours. When the first layer of vanilla cream is frozen, remove it from the freezer. Now you can sprinkle on the rest of the coconut-date mix, as well as a few handfuls of raspberries. Spread on the rest of the vanilla cream and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Before serving the cake let it thaw in room temperature for about 30minutes. Decorate with more raspberries right before serving the cake.