By Chef: Eva Rawposa
Posted: July 15, 2013
Feeling fresh today? Crunch into this lovely summer salad by Eva Rawposa containing mostly fresh sprouts and leafy greens! This salad will bring plenty of detoxifying chlorophyll, deeply nourishing minerals, and glow inducing unheated fatty acids into your body. And it tastes so refreshing! The best part is it can be made entirely of garden-grown ingredients. Don’t have your own garden? We encourage you to make friends with a farmer! : )
- 5 large collard green leaves, rolled up and then cut chiffonade
- 1 cup sprouts
- 2 Tbsp fresh fennel
- 1/2 medium cucumber, sliced thin
- Handful grape tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Freshly ground Himalayan salt
1) Stack the collard greens on top of each other, then roll them up and cut them thinly.
2) (Optional) Massage the collards in a touch of olive oil and salt to soften them.
3) Add your other ingredients atop the greens, making sure to add the tomatoes and fennel last.