By Chef: The Raw Food Sisters
Posted: October 4, 2013
Succulent slices of juicy cucumber topped with a simple and flavorful almond pate made with parsley, basil, garlic, lemon and a touch of apple cider vinegar. This recipe by The Raw Food Sisters makes a great afternoon snack to take the edge off any pre-dinner hunger, or serve it as an appetizer!
Yield: 1-3 as appetizer
- 1-2 cucumbers/zucchini
- cherry tomatoes
- 2 handful of fresh basil
- 1 cup almonds (RFR tip: try soaking them first)
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1) Start by making the almond pate.
We recommend to start by adding less of the apple cider vinegar since the taste is pretty strong and depending how distinguished you want it to be.
Mix well and put in a bowl.
2) Slice your cucumber (or zucchini works perfectly as well).
3) Add a spoonful of the almond pate on each slice of cucumber.
4) Top with half a juicy cherry tomato. Voilá!