By Chef: Marquis Matson
Posted: November 1, 2013
If you love the spicy, peppery flavor and hearty texture of chili you will love this recipe by Marquis Matson of Real Raw Kitchen. Her recipe is completely raw, legume AND nut free, and even contains a few yummy surprises such as dried goldenberries. The blend of chipotle, smoked sea salt, cumin, onion, and garlic really gives it that classic chili flavor while fresh mushroom, bell pepper, and tomatoes add body. Warm it up for a bit in your dehydrator or a low temperature setting in your oven, and if you want an even more filling version add more avocado or some soaked and diced almonds. Enjoy!
- 1 large portobello cap
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 2T diced red onion
- 2 large, juicy tomatoes
- 1 handful of soft, golden raisins (I used dried goldenberries and mulberries)
- 1/4 white onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1-2 dried chipotle peppers (depending on your love of spicy-ness)
- 2 pinches of smoked sea salt (yum, btw)
- 1 T chili powder
- 2 t apple cider vinegar
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t dried oregano
1. Chop the portobello cap and the bell pepper and add to bowl with the 2T diced red onions.
2. Roughly chop everything else and add to blender (Vitamix, baby!) and blend until completely smooth.
3. Pour into bowl with chopped ingredients.
4. Top with sliced avocado and enjoy.
I served this with a quick juice:
Serious, serious yum.