By Chef: Amber Crawley
Posted: May 24, 2012
If you’ve got a big jar of coconut butter, agave, and raw cocoa powder on hand then this is the recipe for you! This ganache is heaven on earth and the great thing is that it can be used in any way your heart desires. Some suggestions would be: blend it into nut milk to make instant chocolate milk, drizzle over fresh fruit, banana ice cream, or a brownie to amp up the chocolate level, dip strawberries in it, or even eat it with a spoon (no one will know!)
Yield: 1 1/4 Cup
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 3/4 cup raw agave nectar (like Xagave)
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil (like Tropical Traditions), melted
- 2 tsp hazelnut liqueur (like Frangelico)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
1) Combine all ingredients in a blender. (If you don’t want to use liqueur, feel free to substitute ½ tsp hazelnut extract or 1 tsp vanilla extract. On the other hand, if you “accidentally” double the amount of Frangelico, I won’t tell anyone!)
2) Process until very smooth and emulsified.
3) Transfer to an airtight container (I recommend a glass jar).
4) You can store this at room temperature for a week or so, or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. If you refrigerate it, re-melt it before using by submerging the jar in warm water or placing it in the dehydrator for a few minutes.