By Chef: Marina Yanay-Triner
Posted: April 17, 2017
Chia pudding is a delicious alternative to yogurt, and makes the perfect breakfast meal. It’s very easy to make, very satiating, and very healthy – rich with plant protein, and anti-inflammatory omega 3 fatty acids. The only tricky part is that most people either buy their almond milk at the store, or make it fresh using soaked almonds. But there is actually a 3rd way that is so quick, easy, and healthy!
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite raw nut or seed butter (I like almond or hazelnut)
- 3 cups water
- 3-4 Medjoul dates for sweetness
- A splash of alcohol-free vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder + a pinch of black pepper (optional — for extra anti-inflammatory properties)
- 2/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup frozen or fresh berries of choice (or any other fruit you like)
- Blend almond (or other nut/seed) butter, water, dates, vanilla, turmeric, and black pepper until smooth.
- Place in a bowl, and stir in the chia seeds.
- Place in the fridge overnight to thicken for best results.
- Add the fruit when ready to serve.