By Chef: Lena
Posted: April 22, 2015
Packed with nutrients, antioxidants, fiber, vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, and protein, these raw veggie sushi rolls are equal parts easy, nourishing, filling, and delicious. Avocado gives a delicious and creamy texture to the sushi rolls and offers a great balance with the crunchy vegetable sticks. Nori offers the body a wealth of minerals and is a great alternative to a flour wrap for those looking to avoid gluten.
- 1 raw nori
- ½ tsp tahini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 persian cucumbers
- ½ cup purple cabbage
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 2 lettuce leaves
- Halve the avocado, remove and discard pit and scoop out the flesh.
- Using a fork, mash the avocado into the sauce with the lime juice.
- Place a sheet of nori on a bamboo mat with the shiny side down.
- Spread a thin layer of tahini on the sheet , especially on the edge.
- Lay your greens down over the bottom half of the sheet. Assemble filling ingredients in the roll.
- Use the rolling mat to get a nice tight roll. Seal the nori with tahini.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the roll into 7-8 pieces.
- Dip in your favorite sauce.