By Chef: Brandi Rollins
Posted: March 27, 2015
This recipe tastes just like glazed donut holes! It is so simple and delicious. And because they are so tasty, it is best to make this recipe when other people are coming over; otherwise, you may eat them all yourself! These donut holes taste best when served warm. Allow them to sit in the sun or dehydrator on low for a few hours.
- 1 c raw shredded coconut
- 1/3 c raw walnuts, whole
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (glycerin-based tastes best)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 4 medjool dates
- 2 tbsp raw agave
- Process the shredded coconut in the food processor until the oils begin to come out of the coconut.
- Add the walnuts, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt and process until the walnuts are well broken down.
- Add the dates and process until they are completely broken down into small pieces.
- Lastly, add the agave and process until the dough starts to clump.
- Form the dough into 6 small balls.
- To warm the donut holes, place them in a dehydrator or outside under the sun in a bowl covered with cheesecloth.
- Use a rubberband to keep the cloth in place.
- Warm for 3-4 hours