By Chef: Hannah Göransson
Posted: August 27, 2015
While there are a number of fantastic powdered superfood mixes out on the market these days, it can be truly fun and empowering to whip up a custom blend of your own! Add a scoop of this nourishing blend to your next superfood smoothie or try the recipe below for a quick green shake that’s rich with alkalinizing ,chlorophyll, minerals, vitamins, phytonutrients and protein.
- 2 tbsp of nettle powder
- 2 tablespoons of hemp protein powder
- 2 tsp spirulina powder
- 2 teaspoons chlorella powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 2 tsp glutamine powder, can be exluded
- 1 tablespoon of rosehip powder
PROPOSAL TO THE GREEN DRINK
- Any amount of green superfood protein mix *
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- Lemon juice, about 1 / 2-1 teaspoon
- Mix all ingredients in a glass jar.
- Then mix the drink mix according to the proposal in a shaker or with a spoon in a glass. Good morning!
* I usually take anywhere from 1 tsp — 1 tbsp depending on what I have for the needs of the particular day. If you’ve never taken chlorella and spirulina, I would recommend that you start with 1 / 2-1 teaspoon of this recipe, then gradually increase the amount after a couple of weeks.