By Chef: Chris Anca
Posted: February 1, 2016
Can’t imagine noshing on those vegetables within a tasty dip? Here’s a great solution for you! If you love sour cream and herb-style dips you will love this healthy version made with cashews. Serve it up with some pomegranate for extra juicy freshness, or crumbled walnuts on top for crunch and brain-healthy omega 3 fats. Try it with sun dried tomatoes, with pesto, with cracked black pepper, with olives, with herbs, etc. – so many directions you can go with flavors. Serve it up with raw crackers, carrot, cucumber, or celery sticks and your taste buds will be singing.
- 150 gr raw cashews
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 3-4 TBSP cold pressed olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 3 TBSP dry dill
- 2 TBSP nutritional yeast flakes
- 50 gr apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- Add the cashews to a large bowl and cover them in water until completely submerged and then add some more until you fill the bowl. Let them sit and soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse the cashews the next morning and add the to a blender with the garlic, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, yeast flakes and water. Process until you get a very smooth, creamy sauce. Scoop the cheeze into a bowl and mix in the dry dill with a spoon. Top with pomegranates and walnuts and serve.
- Store the cheeze in an airtight jar in the fridge. It will keep well for up to 5 days. with pomegranates and walnuts and serve.