By Chef: Chris Anca
Posted: April 24, 2014
If you’re bored of the usual fruit smoothie or cereal for breakfast then give this tasty gluten free and raw recipe by Chris Anca of Real Raw Kitchen a try! We’ve all heard of overnight oats but have you ever tried the same phenomenon with buckwheat groats? Give your body the nourishment that it deserves by starting the day right with nutrient and flavonoid rich buckwheat, vitamin and antioxidant rich fruit, protein, efa, and calcium packed chia, and a dose of healthy fats from coconut! Yum!
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 3 cups water
TO MAKE PORRIDGE
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup coconut shreds
- 2 pink lady apples (or seasonal apples of choice), cored
- Seeds of 3 green cardamom pods, ground
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 Handfuls of mixed berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries)
- Chia seeds
- Fresh mint
- Optional: bee pollen
1. Soak buckwheat in water overnight.
2. Next day, drain the buckwheat and rinse under cold water.
3. Add all the ingredients for pudding to blender and blitz until creamy.
4. Serve the pudding by layering with banana slices and top with berries, chia seeds, fresh mint and bee pollen (if using).