By Chef: Carla Aguas
Posted: February 8, 2011
This dark chocolate sauce has the most intoxicating rich chocolate flavor. So make, eat, and love!
- 2 tbls Raw Cacao Butter or Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 c Cacao Powder
- 1 1/2 tbls Maple Syrup or Agave Nectar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Powder
- 10 Strawberries
1. In a glass bowl, blend all the ingredients in the order above. If the chocolate becomes too thick, put the glass bowl in a warm water bath to re-melt the cacao butter or coconut oil.
2. Holding the strawberry firmly by the stem dip 3/4 of the strawberry in the chocolate sauce. Rotate in the chocolate but do not completely cover as you want to show a bit of the red from the strawberry.
3. Place a piece of wax paper on a cutting board for all the chocolate dipped strawberries to lay.
4. Pop in the freezer for 3-5 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
Serve on a white plate as this will bring out the color and draw the eye to the red strawberries and dark chocolate.